Marianapolis Preparatory School
Marianapolis was established in 1926 under the sponsorship of the Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception. Originally called Marianapolis Academy, the school’s mission was to prepare young men to take leadership roles in society and in the Catholic Church with poise, confidence, and competence. Although Marianapolis was empowered by the State of Connecticut in 1936 to confer college degrees, during World War II the decision was made to become exclusively a preparatory school, one of excellence and distinction. Marianapolis Preparatory School was accredited by the New England Association of Secondary Schools and Colleges in 1955. The school became coeducational in 1974. In 2001, the Trinity Foundation (a group of parents, alumni, and friends) assumed governance of the school, naming Marilyn Ebbitt Headmistress. The Trinity Foundation officially purchased the school in February of 2010. Inclusive of all faiths, our community believes that spirituality is a foundation for compassionate, generous individuals. Marianapolis fosters among its students respect for others, appreciation of diversity, and service to all. Values-based education provides relevant, meaningful lessons that impact our students in and out of the classroom. We contemplate global issues with a moral context; we weigh fairness and values alongside traditional academic lessons. Here, young women and men extend themselves spiritually and intellectually throughout their daily lives. At Marianapolis, students grow into mature, self-directed adults with vision and purpose.